EQUALFIN is an attractive PhD program, as it provides fully funded PhD positions in an excellent academic environment. Doctoral students receive a fellowship of an estimated €1,550 per month. In some cases, allowances of up to €100 are also paid for health term care insurance and, where applicable, a family allowance of up to €155. In fall 2024 and 2025, further increases in the basic scholarship of €100 per month are foreseen. The duration of the doctoral scholarship is generally three years and can be extended in specific cases.
Requirements for candidates:
- You must have a degree in economics.
- In accordance with the FU Economics departments’ PhD regulations of the Economics Department of the Freie Universität Berlin, candidates need to hold a Master degree in Economics or a closely related course of study; the Master's examination should usually total 300 ECTS including the previously completed undergraduate degree program. In exceptional cases, when the first supervisor comes from the Political Science department, a MA degree in Political Science is required.
- Prerequisite for application is knowledge of the German language at B2 level, at the start of the fellowship.
- In accordance with the selection criteria of the Hans Böckler Stiftung, you should demonstrate social commitment or trade union activities.
- Information workshop on April 19, 2024 - register now
- Deadline for full applications: 31 of May 2024
- Communication of selection results: October 2024
- Start of PhD fellowships: between November 2024 and February 2025
Information workshop April 19, 2024
We offer an information workshop about the program, the selection criteria for fellowships and the key issues for the writing of an outline. We highly recommend interested applicants to participate in presence in this workshop at the FU Berlin. Please check the workshop information in the link to the PDF.
Please register for the EQUALFIN workshop by sending an email to Elena Lopez Pachon email@example.com.
Application for Scholarship deadline: 31.05.2024
Please apply with the required documents and an outline of your PhD research project by May 31, 2024 via the Hans Böckler Foundation's online application portal. Please indicate the research area and the supervisor for your research topic.
- List of the required documents (https://www.boeckler.de/pdf/stuf_dok_bew_prom.pdf)
- For formal questions regarding the application procedure, please contact bewerbung(at)boeckler.de.
- For content-related questions to the program, please contact the EQUALFIN speakers.
- You might also contact EQUALFIN professoral members as potential supervisors for questions related to your PhD project outline before the deadline
- Soon you will find here the call for applications for doctoral scholarships.
- Information about the selection results: mid October 2024
- Start of scholarship: between November 2024 and February 2025