Research area 1: Financial sector and inequality from a global perspective
Financial sector and inequality from a global perspective
Spillover effects of monetary policy on the Global South:
- Effects of monetary policy changes in the Global North on economies in the Global South
- depending on factors such as currency hierarchy, economic structure and financial market development of the respective country
- Global inequality: different resilience of individual countries to global monetary shocks
- Effects of recent developments on North-South impact channels such as increasing financing in domestic currency, rise of reserve currencies alongside the US dollar, new regional financial safety nets, financing via cryptoassets ...
Possible research questions
- To what extent does the economic policy influence of central banks depend on their global position?
- How can countries in the Global South increase their resilience to monetary shocks?
Prof. Barbara Fritz (FU Berlin),
Prof. Theocharis Grigoriadis (FU Berlin)
Prof. Heike Joebges (HTW Berlin)
Prof. Fabian Lindner (HTW Berlin)