Effects of the Pandemic on nutrition and food security situation in Brazil
Estimates from the United Nations (UN), released in June 2020, suggested that by the end of 2020 more than 130 million people worldwide could be food insecure, showing a worsening due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Interested in understanding this phenomenon in Brazil, the Research Group Food for Justice: Power, Politics and Food Inequalities in the Bioeconomy, based at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany, conducted a public opinion survey. The data shows a picture of high food insecurity and reduced consumption of healthy foods during the Covid-19 pandemic. The results of the survey will be released and debated on April 13, 2021, at 2:00 pm (brazilian time).
- Date: April 13, 2021
- Time: 14:00 (UTC-3) and 19:00 (CET)
- Presentation: Renata Motta (FU Berlin), Milene Pessoa (UFMG), Lúcio Rennó (UnB) and Melissa de Araújo (UFMG)
- Debate: Tereza Campello (USP) and Elisabetta Recine (UnB)
- Moderation: Marco Antonio Teixeira (FU Berlin) and Eryka Galindo (FU Berlin)
- Registration: click here
- To watch the live transmission: click here
The link of the transmission will be sent to the e-mail of the subscribers the day before the event.
The event will be in Portuguese and there will be no simultaneous translation.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org