The entry requirements for the M.A. Interdisciplinary Latin American Studies are:
1) A degree in a relevant discipline from a German university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, with at least 60 credit units completed in one of the following subjects:
- Pre-Colombian studies
- Brazilian studies
- Caribbean studies
- Latin American studies
- Political science
- Social and cultural anthropology
- Political economy
- Literary studies
- Cultural studies
2) Furthermore, knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) must be demonstrated. The confirmation must be in the form of a language certificate which was earned upon passing a language exam. The certificate must explicitly state that the acquired knowledge corresponds to the B2 level. Declarations on oath or proof of a sojourn in a Spanish or Portuguese-speaking country will not be considered. The confirmation of Portuguese or Spanish also applies to applicants with a bilingual upbringing or native speakers if they obtained a German diploma or are eligible for admission to a German university.
3) Applicants whose first language is not German and who have earned their initial degree from a university (or equivalent institution) where the language of instruction is not German have to present a B2 (GER) German certificate.
4) A list of extracurricular qualifications that are relevant to the program and which give information about the particular aptitude for the M.A. Interdisciplinary Latin American Studies. This can be in the form of a resume or a tabular list. Applicants are invited to include relevant certificates and otherwise written confirmation.
Here you can find the statute regarding the allocation of places (german version).