Springe direkt zu Inhalt

What documents do I need to submit as a student with a degree from a foreign institution?

The Freie Universität Berlin only accepts applications that are submitted through uni-assist! You can apply for up to two Master's programs.

The documents listed below must submitted by post and legally certified. All the documents must arrive by post at uni-assist by the end of the application period (May 31).

You will need to pay uni-assist for the preliminary review. Your application will be processed only when the payment arrives in the bank account of uni-assist. To quicken the process, please attach the receipt of your payment to your application.

Documents Explanation

Final diploma

(if already available)

With indication of the final grade

Overview of the classes and grades

(official transcript)

With indication of the final grade

If applicable: a current enrollment certificate

If after completion if your first diploma you got enrolled in a german university

Translation of all documents if these aren´t in german or English

Issued by an institution in your home country that is authorized to do translations for official purposes

Certificate of Spanish or Portuguese on a B2 level

If the Bachelor`s degree wasn´t done in Spanish or Portuguese

Certificate of the necessary German knowledge

TestDaF level 3 in all four parts of the exam / Level B2 GER (“Mittelstufe II”) / successfully concluded “Mittelstufe II” at a language school / German “Abitur”
If existent certificate of relevant extracurricular qualifications