Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Can I take another exam instead of the DSH exam?

You are exempt from the DSH exam if you have obtained one of the certificates below:

  • Sprachdiplom from the Kultusministerkonferenz (Standing Committee of the German Ministers of Culture) Stufe II (Level II)
  •  „Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom“ or „Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom“ from the Goethe-Institut
  •  Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (ZOP) from the Goethe-Institut
  • Language exam at a German university or a German preparatory college (Studienkolleg) (DSH or an equivalent language exam)
  •  Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF), with a score of at least 4 in each of the test components.