What can I do if my printer does not work?
If the printer does not respond or print, this can be due to a variety of causes. Common causes include connection problems, spent toner / used ink, lack of paper, a paper jam inside the device, and driver problems.
Please work through the following list to solve the problem:
1. First check if the printer is switched on!
2. Check if the printer is connected directly to your computer with a cable. If it is a network printer and you are printing via a network, the printer must instead be connected to a network socket using a cable.
3. Check if paper is loaded. Some printers have multiple paper trays and may be configured to only pull paper from a specific tray.
4. If there is a problem, you will often see this by red or orange lights or blinking LEDs directly on your printer. Use the corresponding icons to see what the problem is. Printers that have a display will tell you if and what kind of problem exists. If the toner or ink is empty, you will see this. In this case contact the IT support with the request for replacement. Even missing paper or paper jam is displayed on displays as an error message.
5. Shut off your printer with the power switch, wait 10 seconds, and then turn the printer back on. Try to print again.
6. If the last 5 steps have been unsuccessful, please contact the IT Support. We're here to help. :)