News vom 28.07.2014
University Meets Microfinance Project Intern M/F
PlaNet Finance's mission is to help poor people develop income generating activities, in order to sustainably improve their living conditions. PlaNet Finance has a worldwide Network of 122 experts and is active in about 50 countries. It offers advisory services and technical assistance to microfinance actors so as to improve their financial and social performance as well as supporting microentrepreneurs in their endeavours.
PlaNet Finance also contributes to the improvement of knowledge and spreading of good practices in microfinance. PlaNet Finance is member of the PlaNet Finance Group.
PlaNet Finance Deutschland
PlaNet Finance offers consulting and technical assistance to microfinance actors to help them improve their financial and social performances as well as their socio-economic integration programs for the most impoverished populations. PlaNet Finance also helps raise awareness about microfinance and disseminate best practices.
PlaNet Finance Deutschland e.V. has been created in 2006 and is part of the network of PlaNet Finance.
University Meets Microfinance project
University Meets Microfinance (UMM) is a European initiative which fosters cooperation between universities, students in Europe and microfinance practitioners to contribute to microfinance innovation and education for development. UMM is mainly active in the domains of microfinance education, microfinance research, information documentation, professional exchange and dissemination of information.
The intern will be involved in the following tasks:
- Assistance for the University Meets Microfinance project:
- Preparation of the upcoming UMM workshop in Burkina Faso in the frame of African Microfinance Week
- Support during the scholarship selection process
- General tasks including research, organizational and administrative tasks such as event preparation, etc.
- Project assistance for the Office Manager
- Preparation and support in proposal writing, preparing presentations and research activities
- Support in project development and project management
- Communication tasks (website, flyers, events)
- General administrative tasks.
- Fluent in English (required)
- Basic language skills in German and French (desired)
- Strong MS-Office skills
- Willingness for a commitment of 5 months, full-time work
- Experience in the field of development cooperation, microfinance, the banking sector or communication as well as in developing countries desired
- First practical working experience within the scope of the internship topics would be an advantage
- Flexibility, commitment, strong communication skills and willingness to work in a small motivated team.
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Starting date: 18 August 2014
- Duration: 5 Months
- We offer you:
- Access to PlaNet Finance’s international network
- Interesting and varied activities in the growing field of development cooperation
- Working independently in a young and dynamic team in the famous Berlin neighborhood “Prenzlauer Berg”
Please send your cover letter, a resume and references to Susann Seifert (Country Representative PlaNet Finance Deutschland e.V.); firstname.lastname@example.org;Tel: + 49 (0) 30 47 989 818
(Deadline for application: 4 August 2014)