Springe direkt zu Inhalt

What kind of visa do I need to enter Germany and study at Freie Universität Berlin?

• Students who are citizens of the following countries do not need a visa in order to enter Germany: member states of the European Union (EU), member states of the European Economic Area (EEA), Andorra, Australia, Brazil, Canada, El Salvador, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Monaco, San Marino, South Korea, New Zealand, Switzerland, or the USA. Upon arrival in Berlin, citizens of these countries (except EU and EEA) must apply for a residence permit.

• Students who are not citizens of the countries listed above must apply for a visa at their local German Embassy or German General Consulate before coming to Germany.

• It is not possible to study in Germany on a tourist visa.