At the international level, the Latin America Institute has long cooperated with a large number of institutions, both in the area of research and at the level of student exchange. There are particularly numerous and intensive working relationships and partnerships with universities in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico. In addition, special exchange programmes exist within the framework of project-related personal exchange with Mexico [PROALMEX] and Brazil [PROBRAL].
Within the framework of various cooperation agreements, students of the LAI have the option to do a semester abroad at the following universities:
Within the framework of the cooperation agreements, students are exempt from the tuition fees of the partner university. To apply, please submit the following documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2024:
- Completed application form
- A copy of your previous degree ´
- a current transcript of records (printout from Campus Management)
- A one- to two-page letter of motivation in which you explain your motivation, your study plans abroad and how they fit into your academic career.
- Language certificate in the respective national language
After selection by the Commissioner for Internationalisation, you will receive further information on the nomination and application at the partner university.
It is also possible to apply for a semester or one-year scholarship from the DAAD, PROMOS or other funding institutions.
If you have any questions, please contact the Commissioner for Internationalisation of the Latin America Institute:
Tel.: 49 (0)30 838-61540